What are inbound streams?
Inbound streams is a stream type where you get data from your customers and users. Usually via a form embedded on your site.
These forms can be added inline in a page like it is part of the page, as popup modal or as a beacon modal that is visible after the user clicks the beacon in the bottom-right corner.
What can I use Inbound Streams for?
We can divide the usage for Inbound Streams in two categories: marketing and in-app. Inbound Streams for marketing are usually public on your marketing site. The streams for in-app are for (paying) customers and are usually tied to some properties of their journey with your app (eg. when did they sign up, what plan are they on, etc.).
Inbound Streams for marketing examples
- collect emails in a modal
- a “Get in Touch” beacon
- requesting feedback for a KB article
Inbound Streams In-App examples
- a NPS survey after two weeks of sign up
- feature improvement request for VIP customers only
- getting their postal address to send some swag for loyal customers